In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Food-scented billboards in Australia, the national dish of New Zealand, and new labeling for milk in Ohio. Plus, edible dirt and healthy school lunches — and is there a bacon backlash underway?
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Jacques Pepin celebrates 75th anniversaire - San Jose Mercury News
• Food-scented billboards coming to Oz - Sydney Morning Herald
• Some local fish ok to keep, not to eat - Dallas Morning News
• Kiwis say bacon-egg pie is their national dish - New Zealand Herald
• Universities get grants to study food programs - Boston Globe
• USDA tries to make food pyramid more relevant - Washington Post
• Court OKs Hormone-Free Label on OH Dairy Products - NPR.
• The Bacon Backlash - Wall Street Journal
• Are healthy school lunches driving your kids to junk? - The Globe and Mail
• Will Edible Dirt Make You Clean Your Plate? - TIME
• Read more of today's food news and blogs at Food News Journal or subscribe to their daily email.
(Image: Food News Journal)