In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Chefs dispute an Australian supermarket chain's assertion that you can feed four people for $10. It's just not possible, they say, when you include all costs of ingredients. Plus: Prices of food expected to rise next year, and the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Feed 4 people for $10? They're dreaming - Sydney Morning Herald
• Eating almonds can help fight off viruses - Telegraph UK
• Meat industry unhappy over limiting antibiotics - Washington Post
• In poultry war, Russia has leg up on U.S. - Washington Post
• New egg safety plans unveiled - Des Moines Register
• FDA: Gulf seafood safe to eat - Los Angeles Times
• Commodity spike to boost food costs in 2011 - Des Moines Register
• Bristol Farms grocery chain sold - Los Angeles Times
• Most Expensive Bottle of Wine Ever Sold at Auction - WSJ
• Decanting wine easy, useful, fun - Seattle Times
(Image: Food News Journal)