In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Grocery wars in New York City. Plus, an Ohio college now offers a degree in winemaking, and Marco Pierre White says that Jamie Oliver isn't a "real chef."
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Peapod Challenges Fresh Direct in Manhattan - NY Times
• Dogfish Head pulling out of RI - Boston Globe
• Milk Sliding 14% as Cows Boost Output - Bloomberg News
• Ohio's Kent State offering winemaking degree - Fox 19
• Math whizzes recalculate beer-foaming equation - CNET
• Science Nerds Meet Foodies in 'Modernist Cuisine' - NPR
• Marco Pierre White: Jamie Oliver Not a Real Chef - Monsters & Critics
• Concern about food, fuel shortages in Japan - CNN
• Hospitals try cooking up better food for patients - Bloomberg News
• Toxin found in sardines that clogged US marina - Yahoo! News/AP
(Image: Food News Journal)