In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A call for scientific studies before allowing food manufacturers to claim health benefits on product packaging. Plus, the UK's thoughts on Rachael Ray, the short-term effect of food recalls on buying habits, and an intriguing recipe for Green Olive Gnocchi.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Food Industry Plays Regulatory Roulette - Washington Examiner
• Rachael Ray: New Queen of Cooking, and She Can't Bake - Observer UK
• Coffee Grown in California? Yep. - LA Times
• The Science of Super Foods: Health Benefits Under the Microscope - SMH
• Green Olive Gnocchi - 101 Cookbooks
• Cocoa Coffee Shortbread - Jonesing For
• Will Smaller Wine Bottles Curb Home Drinking? - Telegraph UK
• Beer is the New Wine - Vancouver Sun
• Food Recalls' Short Term Effect on Buying - New York Times
• Food Lion Founder: Thinking Outside the (Big) Box - Charlotte Observer
(Image: Food News Journal)