In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A new food app strains credibility but appears to work in a very interesting way. Plus, Natalie Portman drops veganism, and China expands a ban on Japanese food imports.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• How to share a cow - Mother Nature Network
• School bans some lunches brought from home - Chicago Tribune
• New Moms and Dads Need to Eat Better - NPR
• The 'organic' label gives food a 'health halo' - LA Times
• New app calculates calories through food photos - Reuters
• A Silver Bullet for Weight Loss? Maybe - TIME
• China Expands Ban on Japan Food Imports - Wall Street Journal
• Natalie Portman quits veganism. Good for her - Salon
• Compost company turns food waste into profit - Kansas City Star
• How one family gave up processed food - Miami Herald
(Image: Food News Journal)