In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Michelle Obama is going to write a book about the White House garden and healthy eating. Plus, Chinese consumers are buying lots and lots of salt — for the iodine.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Food-the next big bankable idea? - Reuters
• Chinese buy up salt, in search of iodine - Global Post
• Michelle Obama To Write Book On Healthy Eating - Huff Post
• Older gardeners eat more vegetables - UPI
• Oliver to open London food centre - Suffolk Free Press
• Are high-protein diets bad for your colon? - Vancouver Sun
• EU wrestles with issue of food from cloned animals - Reuters
• Radiation Safety: Food Supply - FDA
• Tainted pork is latest food scandal to hit China - AFP
• Food makers go increasingly high-tech - Reuters
• Read more of today's food news and blogs at Food News Journal or subscribe to their daily email.
(Image: Food News Journal)