In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A study shows us what we've long suspected: A big portion of Americans skip breakfast on a regular basis. Plus, food bank shortages, and a hope for curing type 2 diabetes through diet.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Food Bank Shortages Lead to Innovation - NPR
• Capital Area Food Bank to charge for produce - Washington Post
• E.coli sickens 8 in France, sprouts suspected - USA Today
• Study: Most Americans skip breakfast - Christian Post
• Fast-food leading to rise in diabetes - Observer UK
• Diet offers hope of cure for type 2 diabetes - Guardian UK
• Farm subsidies for city dwellers - CNN
• Tough Immigration Laws Mean Fewer Farmworkers - TIME
• Cocoa Smuggling Mars Ivory Coast Upturn - Wall Street Journal
• Campaign Urges Trader Joe's to Stop Wasting Food - LAist
(Image: Food News Journal)