In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: A group of doctors is frustrated that their vegetarian food pyramid was not considered by the USDA. Also, rising food prices across the world, and six ways the food safety law will make food safer.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• L.A. Effort Matches Leftover Food With The Hungry - NPR
• Sustainable fish customers 'duped' - Guardian UK
• Smart wrapping developed to detect 'off food' - BBC
• Spike in food prices especially painful for the poor - Economist
• World Risks Food Riots as Grains Climb - Bloomberg News
• Shark Conservation Act Becomes Law - Wired
• Don Tyson, who led poultry maker Tyson Foods, dies - AP
• 5 Great Quarterly Food Publications - Bay Area Bites
• Food safety law: Six ways it will make food safer - CSM
• Doctors' group sues USDA over vegetarian food pyramid - LAT
(Image: Food News Journal)