There's so much, we haven't even gotten through it all yet, but here are some of the highlights... As expected, the issue includes the big voices like Michael Pollan and Alice Waters, but the collection of articles ranges beyond what many of us have already read a thousand times. Here are some of the highlights, but be sure to pick up a copy or check the Web site for the complete collection.
• Why Cooking Matters by Dan Barber – The campaign for food democracy needs to start with boning knives and cast iron skillets.
• Food is Freedom by LaDonna Redmond – To engage a broader audience, food-justice activists need to change their language.
• Green Shoots in New Orleans by Dayo Olopade – A frustrating quest for food security has led some residents to grow their own.
• Ten Things You Can Do to Start a Community Garden – Band together to gain control of your own food.
• Food for All: How to Grow Democracy (September 21, 2009)
(Image: Tim Robinson)