India: A pizza topped with the spicy Indian dish called butter chicken actually sounds (and looks) really good.
Elsewhere in the world, pizza isn't always the pizza you know. It might have a crust, it might be round, but sometimes that's where the similarity ends. Here's a glimpse at some unusual — and occasionally tasty-looking — pizzas from around the world.
(Of course, I should note that "weird" is a relative term. One photo of a Hawaiian-style pizza I found on Flickr had a comment, "Pineapple on pizza...weird!")
• Japan: This Pizza Hut ad boasts a pizza topped with hamburger, edamame, corn and more, surrounded by a wiener-stuffed roll crust that is meant to be topped with a "fruity ketchup."
• Scotland: What does a "pizza crunch supper" look like? It's a couple pieces of pizza, battered and deep-fried, and served with a side of chips.
• Norway: Speaking of chips, here's a pizza topped with french fries.
• Australia: And if you prefer your chips in tortilla form, you might like this "Mexican" pizza topped with tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos, and massive gobs of sour cream.
• India: A pizza topped with the spicy Indian dish called butter chicken actually sounds (and looks) really good.
• Korea: Back to Asia and its wiener obsession again with this pizza, which includes a cheese-stuffed roll crust and a healthy spiral of mayonnaise on top.
• Germany: A thin-crusted pizza topped with rich curry sounds intriguing, but the comments about it are unambiguous: "Was weird. Not bad. But weird."
What's the weirdest pizza you've ever eaten?
Related: Slurping Ramen: Unexpected Table Manners Around the World
(Images: Flicker members Aaron Olaf, JaredEarle, remysharp, aus_chick, Premshree Pillai, riacale, atubbs licensed under Creative Commons)