Australia: And if you prefer your chips in tortilla form, you might like this "Mexican" pizza topped with tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos, and massive gobs of sour cream.
Elsewhere in the world, pizza isn't always the pizza you know. It might have a crust, it might be round, but sometimes that's where the similarity ends. Here's a glimpse at some unusual — and occasionally tasty-looking — pizzas from around the world.
(Of course, I should note that "weird" is a relative term. One photo of a Hawaiian-style pizza I found on Flickr had a comment, "Pineapple on pizza...weird!")
• Japan: This Pizza Hut ad boasts a pizza topped with hamburger, edamame, corn and more, surrounded by a wiener-stuffed roll crust that is meant to be topped with a "fruity ketchup."
• Scotland: What does a "pizza crunch supper" look like? It's a couple pieces of pizza, battered and deep-fried, and served with a side of chips.
• Norway: Speaking of chips, here's a pizza topped with french fries.
• Australia: And if you prefer your chips in tortilla form, you might like this "Mexican" pizza topped with tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos, and massive gobs of sour cream.
• India: A pizza topped with the spicy Indian dish called butter chicken actually sounds (and looks) really good.
• Korea: Back to Asia and its wiener obsession again with this pizza, which includes a cheese-stuffed roll crust and a healthy spiral of mayonnaise on top.
• Germany: A thin-crusted pizza topped with rich curry sounds intriguing, but the comments about it are unambiguous: "Was weird. Not bad. But weird."
What's the weirdest pizza you've ever eaten?
Related: Slurping Ramen: Unexpected Table Manners Around the World
(Images: Flicker members Aaron Olaf, JaredEarle, remysharp, aus_chick, Premshree Pillai, riacale, atubbs licensed under Creative Commons)