These two ingredients make an unlikely, but absolutely terrific, pair! We love the burning heat of those chili peppers followed by a refreshing blast of lime juice. It's perfect in salsas and light dishes on hot late-summer evenings. Do you have a dish that combines chili peppers and limes?
We often see these ingredients together in dishes with origins in India, Thailand, and other East Asian cuisines. Here are a few of the chili-lime recipes from our archives:
• Cucumber Ice Pops with Lime and Chile
• Kachumber Coolers with gin, fresh slices of chili, and lime juice
• 30-Minute Chicken Posole
And a few others we've come across recently from around the web:
• The Perfect Guacamole from Simply Recipes
• Vietnamese Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Lime Dipping Sauce from Sunset Magazine
• Spicy Lime and Chicken Laksa from Whole Foods
• Thai Beef Salad with Cilantro, Mint, Lime, and Peanuts from the 20 Minute Supper Club
What other recipes do you like with chilis and limes?
Related: Can't Take the Heat? How to Eat Spicy Foods
(Images: Flickr members A6U571N, lifecreations, and naotakem licensed under Creative Commons, and Emily Ho and Emma Christensen for the Kitchn)