What do you get when you mix the freshest plums, berries, and melons that summer has to offer with a little sugar and a splash of sparkling water? Why the snazziest sodas around, of course. Are you ready to get your soda on?
I've been hooked on the idea of homemade sodas ever since trying my hand at Ginger Ale last year. The first sip of that fizzy ginger-tastic soda pop blew my mind and made the stuff at the store seem like sugar water ever after.
This summer, there has been an explosion of homemade soda recipes and I couldn't be happier. Check out these concoctions:
• Homemade Sodas from Gilt Taste - A great primer for making your own soda recipes, plus base recipes for watermelon mint soda, cherry almond soda, and many more.
• Cola Syrup from The New York Times - You'll never guess all the ingredients that go into this recipe!
• Homemade Sassafras Root Beer from Simply Recipes - Note to self: Locate sassafras bush ASAP.
• Grape Squash from 4th Sense Cooking - A blast from the past! (The grape extract in this recipe is actually referring to grape juice from cooked and crushed fruit.)
• Mango Melon and Lime Soda with Mint and Geranium from Honest Cooking - This combination sounds so very refreshing.
• Pineapple Mint Soda from Food Republic - Apparently this one will help us "win friends." Sold!
• Pink Dragonfruit Soda from Kitchen Konfidence - So pretty!
• Plum-Rosemary Fizz from The Yellow House - I love the savory element in this one.
• Cherry Basil Soda from Gluten Free Girl - No cooking required for this delicious blend.
Have you discovered a favorite new soda recipe this summer?
Related: How to Make Soda Water at Home
(Image: Gilt Taste)