Who would have thought that a little ball of dough could be used for so many things?Whether you make it yourself
or buy it at the store, pizza dough can be used for all sorts of things. Check out these ideas:
1. Calzones - Calzones are essentially double-crusted individual pizzas after all! A 1-pound ball will make 3-4 calzones.
2. Pitas and Flat Breads - The recipe for pita bread is remarkably closed to the one for pizza. Close enough to be used in the same way, either in the oven as the pita bread recipe specifies or on the stove top.
3. Crackers - Really! Just roll out the pizza dough until it's super thin (rolling out on a piece of parchment helps for this), prick it all over with a fork, and bake at around 400°F until crispy. Crack it into pieces once it cools to make crackers. You can also brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle it with sea salt herbs before going in the oven.
4. Dinner Rolls - Instead of rolling the dough flat, shape it into balls and arrange them in a baking dish. Let them rise, then bake until golden.
5. Baguettes - Make one long baguette with the whole ball of dough or divide the dough into a few balls and roll them into hoagie shapes for mini-baguettes. Let them rise like the dinner rolls, then bake.
Besides pizza, what do you make with pizza dough?
Related: Weeknight Dinner: How to Make Pizza on the Stove Top
(Image: Emma Christensen)