A velvety chocolate cake that also has a secret vegetable ingredient.
- Grate over your morning oatmeal - Remember our post on oats? Just a few shards of dark, nearly unsweetened chocolate can really liven up your morning oatmeal! It's a Friday treat, right?
- Garnish a fruit plate with chocolate curls - Just fruit, with a little dark chocolate alongside, makes an elegant and healthy end to a meal. Serve a tray of Champagne grapes and peaches, or apple and plum slices, with shavings of dark chocolate.
- Mix into frozen banana ice cream - Did you know you can make ice cream from nothing but a frozen banana? It tastes perfectly creamy, and since it's so healthy, you can afford some chunks of dark chocolate to make it just a little more decadent.
- Eat it straight - Just a little nip of a chocolate bar can wake you up in the middle of the day, without the full caffeine of a cup of coffee, or the indulgence of a brownie.
- Add into your morning baked goods - We love healthy, whole grain muffins with fruit and nuts for breakfast. But you can also liven them up with a little dark chocolate too.