Cauliflower is a love-hate vegetable for many people. They hate its cabbage-y taste and strange curdlike texture, or they love it in its many forms. We are among the latter, and we think there are so many ways to enjoy cauliflower that if you don't like it yet, you just haven't had it properly done. Here are five ways to convert cauliflower haters.
Cauliflower tossed with fennel and white beans for a tangy, delicious winter salad.
- In a crunchy salad or slaw - Like its green cousin the cabbage, cauliflower makes a fabulous salad. One of our favorite winter salads mixes it with fennel, white beans, and a tangy dressing for a marvelous mix of flavors and textures.
- Roasted until crispy - Whether it's plain or with toasty spice, roasted cauliflower is one of the best ways to enjoy this vegetable. Roast until crispy and caramelized, then toss with lemon and Parmesan. Delicious! Here are a few more ways to enjoy roasted cauliflower.
- Stewed with tomatoes - This braised cauliflower will help you see it in a whole new light. Creamy, tender, and so good with rice or pasta. Also try this chickpea stew with cauliflower. We also love curried cauliflower.
- Tossed with pasta - Cauliflower also makes a great topping for pasta. Here's a recipe that tosses it with toasted breadcrumbs and farfalle.
- Stir-fried with vegetables and ginger - Like in this recipe: Cauliflower with green beans and ginger.
Here are a few more good tips on cauliflower. What are some of your favorite ways to eat this crunchy, crackly, creamy vegetable?
More 5 Ways to Eat Posts:
These posts are all ingredients paired with Social Workout's daily exercise over at their Fall Challenge.
(Images: Faith Durand)