Cute and sweet carrot flowers!
- Soup! - Carrots' sweet, earthy taste is perhaps best featured in soup. We love this spicy sweet potato and carrot soup (so much orange!) and this Indian spiced carrot soup with ginger.
- Pickled - Carrots' natural sweetness make them a great candidate for quick pickling. Here are some pickled carrots, and some recipe suggestions for Vietnamese carrot relish.
- In cake - Come on, we all love carrot cake! Have you seen this secret graffiti carrot cake recipe? How about this apple carrot oatmeal cake? Or carrot cakey cookies? Yum yum.
- In salads and slaws - Like pickled carrots, carrot salads use their natural sweetness to pair well with vinegar and other tart dressings. Here are some recipes we enjoy: grated carrot salad with lemon dressing, carrot and celeriac salad, and more carrot slaws.
- As a fun garnish! - Carrots are one of our favorite ways to garnish and dress up a plate of food. From carrot flowers, to carrot curls, to candied carrot garnishes, carrots are both colorful to look at, and delicious to eat.
Cauliflower • Artichokes • Fresh Ginger • Flax Seeds &bull Bok Choy • Brown Rice • Brussels Sprouts •Blueberries • Spinach • Black Beans • Raisins • Kale • Dark Chocolate • Green Tea • Edamame • Quinoa • Broccoli • Oats • Beets(Image: Faith Durand)