Cute and sweet carrot flowers!
- Soup! - Carrots' sweet, earthy taste is perhaps best featured in soup. We love this spicy sweet potato and carrot soup (so much orange!) and this Indian spiced carrot soup with ginger.
- Pickled - Carrots' natural sweetness make them a great candidate for quick pickling. Here are some pickled carrots, and some recipe suggestions for Vietnamese carrot relish.
- In cake - Come on, we all love carrot cake! Have you seen this secret graffiti carrot cake recipe? How about this apple carrot oatmeal cake? Or carrot cakey cookies? Yum yum.
- In salads and slaws - Like pickled carrots, carrot salads use their natural sweetness to pair well with vinegar and other tart dressings. Here are some recipes we enjoy: grated carrot salad with lemon dressing, carrot and celeriac salad, and more carrot slaws.
- As a fun garnish! - Carrots are one of our favorite ways to garnish and dress up a plate of food. From carrot flowers, to carrot curls, to candied carrot garnishes, carrots are both colorful to look at, and delicious to eat.
What's your favorite way to eat carrots?Social Workout's daily exercise over at their Fall Challenge.
Cauliflower • Artichokes • Fresh Ginger • Flax Seeds &bull Bok Choy • Brown Rice • Brussels Sprouts •Blueberries • Spinach • Black Beans • Raisins • Kale • Dark Chocolate • Green Tea • Edamame • Quinoa • Broccoli • Oats • Beets
(Image: Faith Durand)