- Blanched and tossed with olive oil - Brussels sprouts are, perhaps, at their most appealing when they are crisp and crunchy. Don't overcook them; just blanch them quickly, then toss with lemon and olive oil in a fresh salad with shallots.
- With beets! - Brussels sprouts' cruciferous flavor is wonderful when paired with the sweeter, mellower beet. How about a dish of sprouts and golden beets?
- Roasted - Roasting Brussels sprouts is perhaps the easiest way to enjoy them at their best.
- Shredded, in a salad - Like their larger sibling, the cabbage, sprouts are great shredded in raw salads.
- Wrapped in bacon (or pancetta) - Everything is better with bacon! These Brussels sprouts are wrapped in pancetta and garnished with almonds. Wonderful little bites!
Those are just a few ways to eat these lovely, crunchy, miniature cabbages. Here are a few more tips and notes on eating Brussels sprouts. What's your favorite way to eat this vegetable?
• What Is Your Favorite Recipe for Brussels Sprouts?
• Tip: Keep Brussels Sprouts Green With a Bath
• Tip: Core Brussels Sprouts With a Vegetable Peeler
• Tip: How to Store Brussels Sprouts
• Flickr Find: A Brussels Sprouts Christmas Tree
• Brussels Sprouts Wreath and Daikon Centerpiece
• Edamame • Quinoa • Broccoli • Oats • Beets
(Images: Faith Durand; Elevator)