We certainly always use a knife and fork when company is present. Our mamas would give us That Look if we did anything differently.
But when we're all alone and about to curl up with a good book or a movie, there are a few foods we've gotten in the habit of eating with our fingers. We find it comforting, a little scandalous, and most of all, a fun break from our usual routine.
1. Salad - Lightly dressed salads full of crunchy leaves and raw veggies make a surprisingly good and easy-to-eat finger food!
2. Pasta Dishes - We have a special fondness for plain pasta with a splash of good olive oil and a healthy sprinkling of kosher salt, but any pasta is fun to try eating by hand.
3. Sautéed or Roasted Veggies - Let them cool a bit first, but cooked veggies are just as nice to eat with our fingers as raw veggies. With some sticky rice alongside, this can be a full meal!
4. Soup - Ok, technically we don't eat soup with our fingers! But we love to fill a cappuccino mug with warm soup and then sip it slowly.
5. Cake - We love to slice ourselves a big piece of cake and break off little bites with our fingers!
Are there any unusual foods that you secretly like to eat with your fingers?
Related: Survey: How Do You Eat Mussels?