Sure, there are plenty of foods that we're allowed, even expected, to eat with our fingers. Raw veggies, hamburgers, and cookies come to mind. But we're much more interested in the foods you eat with your fingers when no one's watching. Say, at the end of a long work week when maybe the even idea of a fork is too much?
We certainly always use a knife and fork when company is present. Our mamas would give us That Look if we did anything differently.
But when we're all alone and about to curl up with a good book or a movie, there are a few foods we've gotten in the habit of eating with our fingers. We find it comforting, a little scandalous, and most of all, a fun break from our usual routine.
1. Salad - Lightly dressed salads full of crunchy leaves and raw veggies make a surprisingly good and easy-to-eat finger food!
2. Pasta Dishes - We have a special fondness for plain pasta with a splash of good olive oil and a healthy sprinkling of kosher salt, but any pasta is fun to try eating by hand.
3. Sautéed or Roasted Veggies - Let them cool a bit first, but cooked veggies are just as nice to eat with our fingers as raw veggies. With some sticky rice alongside, this can be a full meal!
4. Soup - Ok, technically we don't eat soup with our fingers! But we love to fill a cappuccino mug with warm soup and then sip it slowly.
5. Cake - We love to slice ourselves a big piece of cake and break off little bites with our fingers!
Are there any unusual foods that you secretly like to eat with your fingers?
Related: Survey: How Do You Eat Mussels?