But we've also been seeing some really great products for gardening that make us even more impatient. Here are a few inspiring things.
• 1 Food Map Containers - Containers on wheels! These are so great for apartment-dwellers and those of us in cold climates. You can wheel your herb garden in and out to avoid the cold. Also, these are currently on sale.
• 2 Garden Dibble - Do you know what a garden dibble is? It's a little tool for making evenly-sized holes for planting seeds and bulbs. You can just use a stick, of course, but this hand-turned and elegant little tool (that happens to look like a carrot!) would make a great gift for a gardener. It also has lines to help you poke holes at even depths.
• 3 Sunset's instructions on building a raised bed - We're taking over part of the little lawn to be a vegetable garden this year, and so raised beds are the way to go. We are also planning on attempting some cold-frame gardening later this year, so I really like these instructions that include inexpensive PVC pipe framing.
• 4 Avant-Gardener - Haha. Nice play on words, and nice design. Perfect for planting tomatoes in the sunshine.
• 5 Bionic Women's Garden Elite Gloves - Wow! These aren't high-tech sports equipment, appearances to the contrary. They're garden gloves! I usually just use an old pair of canvas gloves, but I have a ton of extra-spiky and difficult yard clearing to do this year, and I wonder if a $40 pair of gloves would make it easier. Any thoughts?
What's getting you excited about gardening this year?