photos of Thanksgiving tables sent in by the readers, and there are more coming in! Watch for an updated post on Monday from Sara Kate. Those photos have us inspired, and we found some good ideas for holiday placesettings and other table decorations. We already posted one roundup of easy table decorations and ideas for busy cooks, but we want to add these to the mix too.
• 1. Use paper - it's cheap. - Here are a few more photos of reader Andrew's lovely table. We love what he did with paper and branches. It also looks like he might have been inspired by this post.
• 2. Use fruit for placecards - Here's a photo of my own placesetting, and another from reader Silvia. I used red and white cord to tie on little tags, and Silvia used pins to put her tags on pears.
• 3. Use felt rectangles as placemats - We loved this super-easy idea from Real Simple. Just buy those cheap felt rectangles from the craft store and use as simple, modern placemats. No cutting or crafting required.
• 4. Use old jars or glass water bottles as candleholders - This photo is from reader Gaia; look for a bigger photo of her Thanksgiving table on Monday. But we zoomed in on her pretty bottles; it would be easy to make inexpensive candleholders out of old Pellegrino bottles.
• 5. Layer the napkins on the plates. - We did this too, and we like how Brooke's looked. She also used the placecard-in-fork-tines idea! Very pretty.
(Images: Reader Andrew; Faith Durand and reader Silvia; Lucas Allen for Real Simple; reader Gaia; Brooke)
KitchnVideo of the Day