We have to say that Halloween isn't our favorite holiday. We find lot of the ghoulish tricks and treats more gross-out than good fun. But there are always creative ways to celebrate the darkness of fall and the colors of harvest, and since Halloween is only a couple weeks away, here are five classy treats from Martha Stewart's holiday issue that we found appealing.
• 1 Friendly Ghost Cake - This cake's sweet, slightly timid-looking ghosts are charming and rather Miyaziki-esque. Plus, they don't look hard to make!
• 2 Guacamoldy with Creature Chips - Guacamole is universally popular, and these chips are easily made out of tortillas.
• 3 Invisible Pops - These homemade lollipops have real creative potential! We like this Halloween version, but we could see mini versions on birthday cakes, or Christmas varieties with swirls of red-hot candies.
• 4 Frightful Bites - Lovely chocolate cookies, with a template for the Gothic lettering. These are easy even for the icing-challenged among us.
• 5 Swamp Sangria - A grown-up party drink, with a sophisticated touch of pear eau-de-vie.
Do you have plans for Halloween treats yet?
Related: Happy Halloween: Dinner Party Inspiration
(Images: Martha Stewart)