We recently discovered Haven in Paris, a group of apartments for rent in Paris and other parts of France. We started browsing through these lovely apartments and were instantly smitten with the desire for a Paris visit — and a chance to cook in one of these chic kitchens! Here are a few of the inspiring kitchens we came across.
The main thing that strikes in all these kitchens is a reliance on natural light. We love how the sun comes into the 3rd or 4th story apartments. We also love the frequent mix of rustic and modern elements. Thank you to Joanna Goddard for the tip on these lovely little spots!
• 1 Rameau - Oh dear, we love everything about this kitchen: the classy black and white colors, the vintage-style posters, and the light over the table.
• 2 Rameau
• 3 Montmartre Studio - A small studio in Amélie's neighborhood.
• 4 Montmartre Studio - We love how this kitchen is tucked under the eaves, with a big window and sloping ceiling.
• 5 Houdon - Another blue studio kitchen in Montmartre.
• 6 Houdon - It's small, but we like the crisp Mediterranean blue mixed in with more rustic pieces.
• 7 Abbesses - A light, bright country-style kitchen with the table already set for dinner.
• 8 Marais - A sleeker, shinier kitchen. We rather like the open storage shelves on the far wall.
• 9 Marais - Another table set for supper.
• Visit the Haven in Paris website
Related: Kitchen Tour: At Home in Paris with David Lebovitz
(Images: Haven in Paris)