Here are a few of our favorite oils to drizzle over soups straight:
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Use the best stuff you have, or try an unusual variant like smoked olive oil.
• Walnut Oil: Toasty walnut oil is especially good on simple pureed vegetable soups.
• Pumpkin Seed Oil: Deep green with a wonderfully nutty flavor, pumpkin seed oil would be great drizzled over a tomato or roasted red pepper soup.
• Truffle Oil: Use this oil sparingly to add a little luxury to any soup.
• Avocado Oil: Try a little of this subtly nutty oil drizzled on a creamy black bean soup.
And if you're feeling a little more ambitious, below are a few recipes for infused oils.
Recipes to Try
• Cauliflower Soup with Chive Oil and Rye Crostini at Bon Appetit (pictured)
• Tomato Soup with Basil Oil at Food & Wine
• Olive Oil Infused with Porcini and Rosemary at Epicurious
• Lentil Dal with Garlic and Cumin Infused Oil at Cooking Light
What oils do you like to drizzle over soup?
(Image: William Abranowicz/Bon Appetit)