And regardless, all of us are going to want to look towards lighter desserts as we embrace the in-between holiday time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. From puddings and pot de cremes to citrus-heavy pies and light biscotti — there's something here for every palate.
Try a Recipe:
• Shaker Lemon Pie - Smitten Kitchn
• White Chocolate and Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta - Tiny Test Kitchen
• Crème Fraîche Ice Cream -Lottie and Doof
• Southern Banana Pudding (pictured) - A Sweet Spoonful
• Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake - Saveur
• Glazed Mini Lemon Cakes - The Larissa Monologue.
• Lime Squares - The Kitchen Sink
• Mini Vanilla Wafer Cookies - Baking Bites
• Buttery Hazelnut Fig Biscotti - Food and Wine
• Fresh Ricotta with Warm Honey and Cinnamon - Souvlaki for the Soul
Related: Recipe: Lemon Rice Pudding
(Image: Megan Gordon)