Thanksgiving is upon us and hopefully by now you've got dessert planned. So I'm not fooling myself in thinking you're going to whip up any one of these dessert recipes to cap off tomorrow evening's meal. That being said, I do think they'd be a welcome change to some of the heavier pies and cobblers that most of us tend to bake on Thanksgiving. And regardless, all of us are going to want to look towards lighter desserts as we embrace the in-between holiday time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. From puddings and pot de cremes to citrus-heavy pies and light biscotti — there's something here for every palate.
Try a Recipe:
• Shaker Lemon Pie - Smitten Kitchn
• White Chocolate and Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta - Tiny Test Kitchen
• Crème Fraîche Ice Cream -Lottie and Doof
• Southern Banana Pudding (pictured) - A Sweet Spoonful
• Orange-Scented Olive Oil Cake - Saveur
• Glazed Mini Lemon Cakes - The Larissa Monologue.
• Lime Squares - The Kitchen Sink
• Mini Vanilla Wafer Cookies - Baking Bites
• Buttery Hazelnut Fig Biscotti - Food and Wine
• Fresh Ricotta with Warm Honey and Cinnamon - Souvlaki for the Soul
Related: Recipe: Lemon Rice Pudding
(Image: Megan Gordon)