What's better than a cookie? A whole forest of them! Whether you're looking for individual-sized desserts, an elegant showstopper, or a project to adapt for kids, here are some truly beautiful and inspiring cookie trees.
• 1 Gingerbread Christmas Trees - We love the dusting of icing sugar "snow" in this recipe from Australian Gourmet Traveller.
• 2 Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter - A set of 10 cookie cutters from Cox & Cox (£10).
• 3 Gingerbread-Cookie Trees - An elegant cookie tree recipe from Martha Stewart.
• 4 Cookie Trees - From Real Simple, these cookie trees are made from vanilla wafers or other small, flat cookies.
• 5 Gingerbread Star Tree - Taste of Home's pretty tree is decorated with icing, edible glitter, and candy.