If you've ever wanted to throw a show-stopping dinner party, the internationally renowned duo Bompas & Parr are here to guide you. From glitter ham to candied roses, Feasting with Bompas & Parr is filled with unforgettable dishes and decorating ideas. Confetti canyons, anyone?
• Who wrote it: Sam Bompas & Harry Parr
• Who published it: Pavilion
• Number of recipes: 70
• Recipes for right now: Surrealist Stuffed Eggs, Bush of Crayfish in Viking Herbs, Quails Roasted with Marmalade and Tobacco, Glitter Ham, Techron Trifle – A Stimulant Trifle, Alchemical Mountain Brew
• Other highlights: With imagination and technique, "ordinary food and ordinary spaces can be used in such extraordinary ways to make feasting a joy for everyone," writes Bompas & Parr. The book begins with a look at grand feasts through history, followed by advice for hosting your own epic event, including choosing a theme, decorating on the cheap, and impressing your guests with everything from flowers to explosives(!). Then come the recipes, an entertaining collection that encompasses glitter, gold, and neon as well as simpler crowd pleasers like spiced roast almonds, cheese straws, and pancakes for the morning after. There's even a recipe to make your own chewing gum.
Though Feasting with Bompas & Parr initially seems rather outrageous, in actuality the book is filled with ideas that readers can pull off themselves — and even if they don't, the book is a spectacularly fun read.
• Who would enjoy this book? people interested in food art, performance, and taking their entertaining to another level
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Feasting with Bompas & Parr by Sam Bompas & Harry Parr
• Visit the author's website: Bompas & Parr
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Image credits: Emily Han)