- 15 Fresh Picnic Salads - I can always use another salad recipe. Refreshing, healthy, easy to make and delicious.
- Weekend Project: Make Your Own Mozzarella! - The words "make your own" make my eyes light up. Mozzarella already makes my eyes light up. What could be better than learning to make my own mozzarella!
- LJ's Frittata Lab - I love visiting people's kitchens — observing their comfort level with cooking. LJ's was a particularly special tour because I had the honor of watching him lovingly prepare his wife's family recipe for a delicious Italian frittata. And then I had the pleasure of eating it!
- On Cooking with Kids - Sara Kate's book review comes with a envious anecdote of cooking with her daughter Ursula. Heart warming as ever, Sara Kate always makes me want to slow down and enjoy the wonders of the kitchen.
- How To Make French Onion Soup at Home - I relish opportunities to eat French Onion Soup but never considered making it myself until I read Faith's wonderful recipe.
- Soy milk: A bowl of Froot Loops in every glass? - The Sweet Beet blog is a great antidote to the misinformation that sometimes feeds our assumptions about food. And Michele is an incredible photographer.
- No Quotation Marks on these Sardines - I love the guilt-free aspect of sardines. I love how they taste. I love how good they are for me. I can close my eyes and pick an article by Mark Bittman and I know I will learn something and then feel compelled to cook whatever I learned within a week. Here, he makes the sardine ever more appealing.
- The Latke Commandments - The Good Egg is an eclectic store to visit in-person in Toronto, or virtually from your laptop, and it's blog is a great source for a smile and inspiration.
- Fritz Haeg's Wikidiary - I've been mildly obsessed with this artist's consistent success at merging gardening and art. Here is a very concise daily journal of his latest exploits.
- Feed Yourself, Feed the Soil - A great place to brush up on all your homesteading skills even if your only intention is to dip a toe in to try it out.
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's end-of-year roundup! We are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the last year, including lots of recipes. We are also shaking out our reader mailbag, and giving you a few more great guest posts from our friends.