I love the look of oversized art, particularly in the kitchen or dining room, but they're too often cost-prohibitive. That's why I was so happy to come across these posters from Chicago artist Debbie Carlos. They're really big, and the black-and-white versions come in under $50!
If the name Debbie Carlos sounds familiar, you may be recalling her from this House Tour on Apartment Therapy. (We also featured her kitchen here.) Her large scale posters come in color prints priced between $100 and $200, and black and white versions, which start at only $40.
The black and white versions are printed on a large format printer which "lends a rough and textural aesthetic to the image" — kind of like antiqued newspaper. Her food prints are lovely, particularly the twister cone! (This was a favorite of Faith's at one time, too!) But it's worth checking out Ms. Carlos' whole collection. I actually own this giraffe poster, which is really striking in person.
1. Perfect Twist Color Print, $175. Measures 19x27.
2. Perfect Twist Poster in black and white, $40 - $50. Available in 24x36 and 36x48
3. Summer Bounty Color Print, $100 - $200. Available in 16x20, 18x24, and 30x40.
4. Summer Bounty Poster in black and white, $40 - $50. Available in 24x36 and 36x48
5. White Color Print, $175. Measures 18x24.
6. Sage Color Print, $87.50. Measures 19x27.
7. Blue Egg Color Print, $87.50. Measures 19x27.
8. Windows Poster in black and white, $40 - $50. Available in 24x36 and 36x48.
Shop online → Debbie Carlos
(Images: Debbie Carlos)