Want to eat more salad? Then learn how to prepare all the ingredients faster! The following tools are our go-to kitchen essentials for quick salad making. They'll help you clean lettuce, chop veggies, and whiz salad dressing in no time.1. Salad spinner: Probably the #1 tool for faster, easier salads! Yes, they're bulky but so worth it if you eat a lot of salad. We're particularly fond of the Zyliss spinner ($23 on Amazon). See our review here.
2. Vegetable Chopper: Let the tool do the work for you! We're huge fans of the Chef'n VeggiChop ($19.95 from Williams-Sonoma). It's a little mini food processor. See how it works here.
3. Mandoline slicer: It slices, minces, and juliennes, and speeds things up like no other tool! We like the classic Benriner version ($25 on Amazon). See our review here.
4. Dressing Jar: You can go the ol' fashioned and shake up your own dressing in a jam jar, or get a tool to do it for you, like the Prepara Dressing Whiz ($29.95 from Sur La Table) which'll blend and emulsify your dressing quickly and quietly.
5. Citrus Juicer: Speaking of dressing and drizzling, a citrus juicer is a huge help. We've always liked the Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer ($16.99 from Amazon). See our review here.
Other Helpful Salad Tool Shopping Guides
• Spin Right Around: 5 Salad Spinners to Consider
• Helpful Tools: Our Favorite Vegetables Peelers
• What Is the Best Mandoline to Buy?
• Product Review: Chef'n SleekSlice Mandoline
• Kuhn Rikon Herb Chopper
• Good Product: KitchenAid 3-Cup Food Chopper
What are your go-to salad making tools? Do you rely on a garlic press? Can you not imagine making a salad with salad scissors? Tell us!
Related: The Kitchn's 10 Best Salad-Making Tips
(Images: as linked, except #5 Faith Durand)