Chicago's Green City Market held its first outdoor market of the year today. Taking a brief stroll through the stalls – some already overflowing with early season produce – we felt ourselves breathing a sigh of relief. Spring. It's actually here.
We bought a bunch of the gorgeous French breakfast radishes above, which need nothing more than a little butter, salt and crusty bread. Read on for more sights from the market, plus related recipes and tips.
- Times Top Five: Green Garlic and Banana Popsicles
- Eating From the Garden: Meyer Lemon Spring Salad with Baby Greens, Herbs, Almonds and Goat Cheese
- Look! Ana's Easter Breakfast (spring garlic with feta)
- Maple Syrup Cocktails: A Sweet Way to Celebrate Spring
- Maple Miso Bacon Ice Cream Bourbon Root Beer Float
- Harvest Cake with Goat Cheese Frosting
Related: Green City Market: Now Year-Round
(Images: Joanna Miller)