These are the special recipes. The ones that are a little more indulgent, a little more complicated, and a little fancier than the ones we make on an average weeknight. They get an extra splash of cream and a sprinkle of parsley on top. Start planning your next dinner party now because here are our most favorite dishes and small bites for special occasions from this past year.
• 1 Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts
• 2 Veal Meatballs in Red Wine Sauce
• 3 Individual Pot Roasts with Thyme-Glazed Carrots
• 4 Chicken Liver Pâté with Sage, Apple, and Thyme
• 5 Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetable Root Puree
• 6 Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Almonds & Chickpeas
• 7 Steak with Drunken Mushrooms and Blue Cheese Roasted Potatoes
• 8 Agnolotti Pasta with Truffled Potato-Mascarpone Filling
• 9 Fettuccine with Roasted Butternut Squash, Brown Butter, and Sage
• 10 Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
• 11 Mushroom and Leek Risotto
• 12 How to Make Cheese Gougère
• 13 Recipe: Seared Bitter Greens Salad with Roasted Beets, Spiced Pecans & Roquefort
• 14 Sage-Brined Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze
• 15 Tomato and Anchovies with Bread Crumbs, Basil, and Red Onion
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)