Breakfasts can get a little rushed as the holidays grow nearer and nearer. Heck, everything can get a little rushed. But with a little planning, fall breakfasts can be something other than cold cereal or coffee shop scones.
With apples, pears, figs, plums, quince, persimmons, and raspberries (depending on where you live) in season, folding them into a simple muffin or scone is something that always inspires us. We love to double the recipe or bake extra and freeze them individually so there are always homemade breakfast options close at hand. Weekend or weekday, these are simple, seasonal, and a step above typical.
Try a Recipe:
• Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake - Joy the Baker
• Persimmon Bread - David Lebovitz
• Crunchy Fig Granola - A Crafty Lass
• Whole Wheat Apple Muffins - Smitten Kitchen
• Apple Hand Pies - A Cozy Kitchen
• Plum Coffee Cake Muffins - Two Peas and Their Pod
• Cranberry Orange Scones - Martha Stewart
• Raspberry, Pear and Muesli Loaf - Woman's Day
• Apple and Pear Membrillo Turnovers - Serious Eats
• Apple Oatmeal Crumble - Epicurious
(Image: Megan Gordon)