Doesn't grilled cheese and tomato soup sound exactly perfect for the kind of blustery fall weather
we've been having? Not too heavy, but still warm and deeply satisfying. We made a big pot of tomato soup this weekend and plan on eating it with grilled cheese sandwiches all week long! What's your favorite take on this classic?A look through our archives shows our devotion to this dish over the years. Here's a round-up of our favorite bits of advice and inspiration!
• Recipe: Cashew Tomato Soup - This version uses cashews to make the soup rich and creamy!
• Creamy Creamless Tomato Soup from Cook's Illustrated - A tip from the kitchen pros on using soft bread to thicken the soup.
• Vanilla in Tomato Soup - Has anyone tried this? We can imagine it giving the soup a floral over-tone.
• Roasted Canned Tomatoes - We love the smoky flavor we get from using roasted tomatoes. (Try smoked paprika, too!)
The Grilled Cheese
• Recipe: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Chutney - This is a good one if you can't get enough tomato-y flavor!
• Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes - A round-up of our favorite gourmet versions of this simple sandwich.
• You're Doing It All Wrong! - Chow.com gives us tips on making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich.
• Grilled Cheese with Pear - Cheese and fruit are often great combination, so why not make a sandwich?
• In Praise of American Cheese - For sheer gooey melty-ness, a few slices of American cheese can't be beat!
What other tips and tricks do you have for making the perfect grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup?
Related: Weekend Cooking: How to Make a Good Sandwich
(Image: Flickr member House of Sims licensed under Creative Commons)