Fall is creeping up on us, and with it comes the prospect of braised sauces and hearty stews. Our favorite cooking pot for all these classic fall dishes is a Dutch oven. We realized that our Dutch oven roundup is rather old, so we set to work bringing you a newer, up-to-date set of favorite Dutch ovens.• 1 Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven, 5 1/2-Qt., $189.95 at Williams-Sonoma. The classic round Dutch oven from Le Creuset. We appreciate the slate, white, and black colors they've released recently. Also look for deals on these at Amazon and at discount shops.
• 2 Staub 6-qt. Coq Au Vin Pots, $219.95 at Sur La Table. Big, gorgeous, expensive, and heirloom-quality. We love these.
• 3 Le Creuset Heritage Oval Cocotte, 4-Qt., $149.95 at Williams-Sonoma. A lovely shape for an oven-to-table cocotte.
• 4 Lodge 5-qt. Cast-Iron Covered Dutch Oven, $29.99 at Target. A great budget option. This isn't coated with enamel, so it will take a little extra care to season and maintain, but it's still a classic.
• 5 KitchenAid 6.5-qt. Oval Dutch Oven Multiple Colors Available, $129.99 at Target. A nice big Dutch oven for a decent price.
• 6 Paula Deen 5 Qt. Covered Oval Casserole - $89.99 at Amazon. We like the oval shape and relatively low price tag of this enameled casserole.
• 7 Lodge Logic 5 Qt Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, $50 at Amazon. Another classic from Lodge. The lid doubles as a skillet.
• 8 Mario Batal Dutch Oven 4 qt., $89.95 at Crate & Barrel. We like the pure white color and the shape of the handles.
• 9 Lodge Color Enameled Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven, Island Spice, $$69.68 at Amazon. One of the best deals out there, from American-made Lodge.
In addition to all of these, don't forget to check your local TJ Maxx and Ross, as well as other outlet stores, when shopping for a Dutch oven. They often have great deals on the best brands.
What's your favorite Dutch oven?
Related: Good Question: Vegetarian Recipes for the Dutch Oven?