Most of us keep our oven use to a minimum during the summer. But it's fall now, and pretty soon there will be calls for Thanksgiving pies and parties for holiday cookies. It's time to get back to baking.
We've been suddenly inspired to get back into bread, cakes, cookies, muffins and scones. We have scads of recipes for all these things in our archives, so here's a small collection to hopefully inspire you.
• Have You Tried the Quicker Whole Wheat No-Knead Bread?
• Baking Technique: How to Shape a Round Loaf
• Recipe Review: Oatmeal Toasting Bread
• Recipe: No-Time Bread
• No-Knead Bread in a Hurry
Pies and Tarts
• Recipe: Meyer Lemon Shaker Pie
• How to Make Pumpkin Puree
• Recipe: Savory Kabocha Tofu Pie
• Cipollini and Mushroom Tart
• Recipe: Peach and Thyme Polenta Tart
• Recipe: Earl Grey Tea Cookies
• NY Times Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie: Changes and Substitutions from the Kitchn
• Tip: Freezing Cookie Dough
• Recipe: Fudge and Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
• Top 5 Cookie Decorating Ideas
Muffins and Scones
• Good Question: Help! Why Do Cupcakes Always Get Stuck In These Silicone Muffin Cups?
• Recipe: Peach and Spice Tea Muffins
• Recipe: Fresh Cranberry Scones
• Recipe: Parmesan Chive Scones
• Recipe: Lemon Sesame Muffins
Those are just a few tips, ideas, recipes, and links to help you get back into baking this fall. Have you baked bread yet? Maybe a batch of cookies, or a crostata, or even biscuits? Tell us - what's inspiring you to bake right now?