The kickoff yesterday of Apartment Therapy's Room for Color contest has us in a colorful mood. We have been noticing some colorful pieces for the table and the kitchen from around the world, so here's a quick trip through some favorites from Japan, England, Finland, and Europe. We love lush, warm colors on our dinner table, and since days are getting shorter now, we're looking for a splash or two of color to warm up our evening meals. Besides the color on the plates (of your food!) what are some ways you like to bring color to your kitchen and your dining table? Here are a few lovely pieces we have been eyeing — mostly from all over the world.
• 1 Awesome oven gloves, €15.49 at Envelop in Europe
• 2 Duralex-style colored glasses, 840円 at iNest in Japan
• 3 Greek mug and dish, £15 - 29.00 at Toast in England.
• 4 Kierto Tablecloth, $95 from Textile Arts. From Marimekko in Finland.
• 5 Watercolor Bowls, $55 at MoMA. By Yoshitaka Kato, from Japan.
• 6 Kalamkari Tablecloth, $48 at Ten Thousand Villages. From India.
• 7 Set of three screenprinted linen tea towels, $52 at Shaky Isles in New Zealand.
• 8 Paint By Number Dessert Plates, $12 at Anthropologie in the US.
• 9 Coloured handblown glasses, £25 at Toast in England
Have you bought anything new and colorful for your kitchen lately?