We've put away the blender and the iced tea pitcher and finally accepted the fact that summer cocktail season has, indeed, come to an end. But the mourning period was brief: fall cocktails are packed with flavor, color and spice and do wonders to make the darker evenings more bearable!
Many of my favorite fall flavors (ripe pear, vanilla bean, pomegranate, tart apple) make a showing in fall cocktails, spanning the map from the classic margarita to a twist on a hot toddy. What I love about many of these drinks, too, is that you won't have to go out and stock the bar with different liquors you'll likely use once or twice. These cocktails use classic ingredients that you'll continue using throughout the fall. And winter, too.
Try a Recipe:
• Vanilla, Pear and Vodka Cocktail - (pictured) Two Tarts
• Blood Orange Margaritas - The Kitchn
• The Stone Fence - Sassy Radish
• Spiced Caramel Apple Cocktail - Amy Tobin
• Victorian Gin Punch - The New York Times
• Hot Cider Toddy - Los Angeles Times
• Easy Pomegranate-Lime Cocktail - The Vintage Mixer
• Sparkling Pear and Cranberry Cocktail - Martha Stewart
• Pumpkin Pie Martini - We Are Not Martha
• Pomegranate Martini - Food Network
Related: The Lazy Boy Cocktail
(Image: Two Tarts)