There is so much talent and expert knowledge available in the food world that sometimes you just have to go to the source. So we did. We spoke to a number of chefs, food writers, cookbook authors, and other experts this year to get their take on everything from diabetic-friendly cooking to budget-friendly kitchen tile. Read on for their advice:TOP ROW
• 1 Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi's 5 Essential Tips for Fresh, Vibrant, and Flavorful Home Cooking
• 2 Ken Albala's 5 Essentials for Home Cooks
• 3 Deborah Madison's 5 Inspired Essentials for Home Cooks
• 4 John Beaver's 5 Essential Herb and Spice Tips for Home Cooks
• 5 5 Essentials for the Home Cook: Chef Preeti Mistry's Best Flavor Boosters
• 6 Cooking Teachers Jodi Liano & Catherine Pantsios' 5 Essential Tips for Home Cooks
• 7 Cookbook Author Andrea Nguyen's 5 Essentials for Home Cooks
• 8 What Drink Do You Order at a Bad Bar? 25 Food Writers Share Their Safety Drinks
• 9 Tips for Choosing Kitchen Tile on a Budget: Going Beyond Subway Tile
• 10 Cooking Diabetic-Friendly Meals: 4 Tips and a Recipe From an Expert
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)