1. Melissa Clark passing up mizuna and mache for spinach salad - with a twist. - Clark bypasses those trendy greens and warms up the old spinach salad - it's now a Garlicky Spinach Salad With Pine Nuts and Raisins. We remember her Sexy Spicy Broccoli and bookmark this recipe to try.
2. Homemade soda inspiration - We love homemade fizzy things with juice and syrups - here are a few flavor inspirations from a New York restaurant.
3. Mark Bittman's assertion that the artichoke is not just a precious ingredient... ...but an everyday vegetable. Hurray.
4. Learning more about wine from India - We've always been curious.
5. Why some wine tastes like pepper - We love Harold McGee.
Did you have a favorite bit of the Times Dining Section this week? What did we miss?
(Top Image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)