We loved this week's Times Dining section. It just felt... spring
. Here are our top five favorite things about this week's New York Times Dining Section, starting with an exotic version of spinach salad from Melissa Clark...
1. Melissa Clark passing up mizuna and mache for spinach salad - with a twist.
- Clark bypasses those trendy greens and warms up the old spinach salad - it's now a Garlicky Spinach Salad With Pine Nuts and Raisins. We remember her Sexy Spicy Broccoli
and bookmark this recipe to try.
2. Homemade soda inspiration - We love homemade fizzy things with juice and syrups - here are a few flavor inspirations from a New York restaurant.
3. Mark Bittman's assertion that the artichoke is not just a precious ingredient... ...but an everyday vegetable. Hurray.
4. Learning more about wine from India - We've always been curious.
5. Why some wine tastes like pepper - We love Harold McGee.
Did you have a favorite bit of the Times Dining Section this week? What did we miss?
(Top Image: Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times)