It is high tomato season, so any rational bacon-loving person is making (and devouring) juicy BLT sandwiches. We've talked about BLTs quite a bit this week (love the idea of a BLT party!) so we're closing the week with a roundup of resources for making the very best BLT you can eat. From our favorite lettuce, to the best way to store half a tomato, to six great gluten-free sandwich breads, here are resources galore to help you make a superb BLT tonight.
The two recipes pictured above, by the way, are from Martha Stewart:
• Winter BLT Sandwiches
• Savory French-Toast BLT
Now, let's make a BLT.
First, let's talk bread.
• Make a Sandwich Loaf out of No-Knead Bread
• The 6 Best Gluten-Free Sandwich Breads
• The Perfect One Slice Sandwich Bread
• Quick Tip: Slice Loaves of Bread Before Freezing
...maybe you toast it?
• Kitchen Hack: Make a Toaster Bag Out of Parchment Paper
• 10 Best Uses for Your Toaster Oven
• How to Clean the Toaster
• Good Product: Wooden Toaster Tongs
Then comes mayo:
• How To Make Mayonnaise: The Video
• Two Vegan Mayonnaise Recipes
• What is Kewpie Mayonnaise?
• Hellmann's vs. Homemade Mayonnaise
The tomatoes should be super-juicy:
• Tomatoes Are Here! Are You Getting Any?
• The Best Place to Store Tomatoes...and Why
• Farmers' Market Report: Tomatoes
• How Should I Store Leftover Tomato?
...and the lettuce super-crisp:
• Why You Should Eat More Iceberg Lettuce
• Why This Is Our Favorite Lettuce
• Good Eats: Little Gems Lettuce
• From the Farmers' Market: Black Lettuce!
Last but not least, the BACON:
• How To Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven
• Best Methods: Three Ways to Cook Bacon
• Does Bacon Really Make Everything Better?
• Vegetarian (Except for Bacon)
And now, put it all together:
• Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato: How Do You Make Your BLTs?
• Craving: BLTs (with REAL Tomatoes!)
• Feed a Crowd: Throw a BLT Party
• Casual Entertaining: BLTs for Dinner
Or put a new spin on things:
• Re-Inventing a Summer Classic: Bacon, Lettuce, and...?
• The Ultimate Colorado BLT
• Recipe: BLT Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
• Strange Food Combos: Would You Put Cheese on a BLT?
No bacon? Try one of these tomato sandwiches instead:
• The Perfect Tomato Sandwich
• Fried Green Tomato Sandwich
• Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich
• A Smoky "BLT" for Vegetarians
How do you like your BLTs? And are you planning on eating one soon — loaded up with fresh summer tomatoes?
(Images: James Merrell/Martha Stewart; Martha Stewart; Emma Christensen; Jess via Board Game Geek); Faith Durand; Michael Durand; Elizabeth Passarella; Laure Joliet; Martha Stewart; Liz Vidyarthi; Faith Durand)