The sometimes over stylized food world that magazines and blogs portray these days leaves no room for a messy kitchen. They just aren't seen. Beautiful food comes from thin air where there isn't a single dirty dish or empty can left on the counter. When this photo from The Pioneer Woman herself, Ree Drummond popped up yesterday it was a big sigh of relief for me.
Although there's no reason you can't clean as you go when you're working in the kitchen, sometimes you're just enjoying the creative part of cooking too much to tackle the cleaning part. Do you find a dirty kitchen comforting, knowing good things came from the mess. Or is it unnerving and makes you want to grab the closest sponge you see.
Either way, we're glad Ree is upfront about such things as it makes her all the more down to earth. It just does to show that behind every perfectly styled dish, there's a bit of chaos that grounds even this food vixen!
• Check out more of Ree's photos from Instagram
More Pioneer Woman On The Kitchn
• New Food Network TV Show for The Pioneer Woman
• Kitchen Envy: Pioneer Woman's Sugar and Flour Drawers
• Recipe Recommendation: Pasta Carbonara from Pioneer Woman
• Look! French Onion Soup-Stuffed Mushrooms
(Image: Ree Drummond via Twitter)