Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Antwerp Belgium
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- I love my small kitchen because everything is within hand's reach and it's completely my style, even though we weren't allowed to make major changes.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- When we moved in, the kitchen was white, empty and it didn't look inviting. Since it's a rental apartment, we weren't allowed (nor could we afford) to remodel the cabinets, so we painted the walls surrounding the kitchen black (the wall behind the stove is even painted in chalkboard paint!) and saw to it that the kitchen appliances weren't only useful, but fulfilled a decorative function too.
Because we don't have much counter space, my boyfriend made me my own "rolling kitchen island" out of a small IKEA cabinet and four wheels. It holds all my cookbooks and breakfast supplies, and I think it looks great!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Lasagna! And all kinds of cookies and cakes of course. I love how the delicious smell fills up the whole apartment!
See all entries
More posts in this series
Small Cool Kitchens 2012