- Charleston, SC
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool?
- Our kitchen maintains some of our home's original historic elements (like wood cabinets and bead-board ceilings) paired with modern upgrades (like butcherblock countertops and subway tiles). It's bright, cheery, and so fun to cook in even though it is sometimes challenging! Since it's open to the rest of the house and looks over the patio, you're never isolated when you're in the kitchen.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- With limited cabinet space, we had to get creative with storage. We converted a narrow broom closet in the dining area into a pantry and bought an antique sideboard for the dining area that stores linens, small appliances, and bar supplies.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I love turning on music and baking just about anything in our cozy kitchen because it fills the entire house with yummy smells. Usually there's flour everywhere, the dog is underfoot, and I'm stacking dishes on any available surface, but it's always calming and satisfying.
Small Cool Kitchens