We are so excited about Quick Weeknight Meals, our September contest. We all are busy this time of year, back to routines of school, work, and fall activities. Sometimes it's harder to get dinner on the table — but every cook has at least one great recipe for a quick weeknight meal. We want to see yours, and to find more great recipes for weeknight dinners. Want to enter? Click below for all the details!
Busy autumn nights make it hard to cook at home as much as we did over the summer.
But every cook has a fast, frugal, healthy recipe up their sleeve. It's a secret weapon on nights when we're tired and really in need of nourishment. What's yours? What do you cook for an impromptu dinner party on Wednesday night, or a quiet meal for two on Tuesday?
We want to see your original or adapted fast weeknight meal recipes — you could win a big package of kitchen prizes, and you'll be helping others like you put dinner on the table. And what's more important than that?
Here are a few details on the contest itself:
What do I need to submit?
• An original or adapted recipe for a quick weeknight meal
• The recipe cannot have appeared on another blog or website already. We're looking for fresh recipes and fresh photos.
• 5 photos of the recipe and its preparation and/or serving
• A brief reason why this is your favorite quick weeknight meal
What can I win?
Read all about the prizes in more detail here.
• Grand Prize: Essential Tools for Weeknight Meals
Over $500 of kitchen tools, cookware, and good gadgets from some of your favorite sources.
• Runner Up - Vegetarian: Essential Serving Pieces for Weeknight Meals
Over $200 of lovely servingware and tableware from some of the most creative sources.
• Runner Up - Omnivore: Essential Pantry Goods for Weeknight Meals
Over $200 of gourmet oils, spices, vinegars, and other pantry delicacies for your weeknight cooking sessions.
We are looking forward to this contest so much! We can hardly wait to get some great recipes to try, and to see how each of you nourish yourselves and your family on busy weeknights.
(Images, clockwise from left: Faith Durand; Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan, Emily Ho)