Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- My small kitchen is cool because it's a 100% reflection of me. When I bought my apartment, the kitchen was completely bare, just three walls and a non-working stove and sink. I had to have a lot of imagination but it gave me the opportunity to make it look exactly the way I want, a modern/glam mix.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- By Brooklyn apartment standards, my kitchen is normal size, but really there is very little extra counter space to work on and even less room for a kitchen table. A tall custom butcher block table and a couple bar stools that fit underneath remedied both of these problems. The table works perfectly for rolling out dough, chopping vegetables and having breakfast. Perfect solution.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- My favorite meal to cook in my kitchen would definitely be anything brunch related. I love entertaining and brunch is that meal where people usually just drop in and start helping out and the kitchen becomes a gathering area. Someone makes Mimosas and Bloody Marys, someone else cuts up fruit, and I'm usually stationed at the stove. Quiches and frittatas are my go-to - you can basically throw anything inside and come up with wild combinations.
See all entries