What are your plans for this upcoming holiday weekend? Planning any big get-togethers or cook-outs? I have a few big family meals that I need to plan, so I've been going back through my stock of make-ahead meals that are good for a crowd. Here's a selection of some great dishes for a holiday weekend — some for brunch, and some for dinner. Each of these meals can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen for a few days. Drop it in a cooler, and tote it out to the lake, or the park, or the cabin.
• 5 Dill and Yogurt Chicken Salad
• 6 Thin-Sliced Roasted Pork with Southwestern Spices
• 7 Slow-Cooked Hoisin and Ginger Pork Wraps with Peanut Slaw
• 8 Hearty Tomato Sauce
• 9 Weekend Pot Roast
• 10 Lasagna
• 11 Chickpea and Chorizo Soup
• 12 Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds and Goat Cheese
• 13 Twice Baked Potatoes
• 14 Pan-Fried Falafel and Homemade Pita
Got any make-ahead meals in the works for this weekend?
More Make-Ahead Meals:
• Sleep In! How to Make Breakfast Rolls Ahead of Time
• What Make-Ahead Appetizers Will Travel Well?
• Good Question: Make-Ahead Sweet Breakfast Casserole?
• You Can Sleep In! Tips for Making Brunch Ahead of Time
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)