There are elements to the holiday season in which I consciously practice a great deal of restraint. Holiday music? Gotta' go easy on it. Mail-order desserts from Aunt Linda? Ditto. And eggnog usually falls in that category as well. While quite tasty, it can be a heavy finish to an evening meal. However, used sparingly, it can be a wonderful way to begin the day.
There's no way I could sit down and actually drink a cup of eggnog first thing in the morning, but using it in baked goods gives your breakfast that warmly-spiced flavor without the commitment of ounces upon ounces of the decadent beverage. Here are a few recipes we're excited to try, from scones to oatmeal to waffles.
Try a Recipe:
• Cinnamon Eggnog Waffles - The Family Kitchen
• Eggnog Scones - Recipe Girl
• Easy Eggnog Holiday Muffins - King Arthur Flour
• Eggnog Oatmeal - The Corner Kitchen
• Eggnog Latte - Savory Sweet Life
Related: DIY Eggnog Latte
(Images: Kathryn Hill and The Family Kitchen)