Egg on pizza
- sound strange? This Wild Mushroom and Bacon Pizza with "over easy egg"
is a recipe from New Orleans chef John Besh in House & Garden
We actually tried this last week, and it was delicious. Prepare a pizza dough round with sauce, cheese, and herbs. Crack an egg over top and sprinkle fresh Parmesan, salt and pepper on top. Bake at 500ºF for about eight minutes. The egg will be just set, with a wobbly golden yolk that oozes onto the crust.
We are fans of the humble egg in every form, but this is a new favorite! Links to more pizza recipes below.
Have you ever tried egg on pizza?
• Weekend Cooking Report: Homemade Pizza
• Perfecting Pizza Dough
• Recipe: D.I.Y. Pizza Sauce
• Sweet Potato Pie: Fall Pizza Combos
• October: National Pizza Month