We did a quick internal survey among The Kitchn team, just to see which of all the many Quick Weeknight Meals entries stood out the most. Here are our own picks, bookmarked now for a weeknight meal very soon!
• 1 Kathryn's pick: Marina's Chile Relleno with Pecan Cream Sauce - The picture alone makes me salivate.
• 2 Dana's pick: Megan's Tempeh Reuben - I would pick Megan’s Tempeh Reuben because I love tempeh and I love sauerkraut and I love how she says “Using a spatula and some courage, flip the sandwich…”
• 3 Emily's pick: Paul's Uova in Purgatorio - A beautiful, filling meal with a simple ingredients list and truly quick preparation. (I was at a party last weekend and it came up in conversation!)
• 4 Elizabeth's pick: Helen’s Pork Chops with Savory Blueberry Sauce - I love pork with fruit, and I’ve never tried blueberries. Such a simple tweak. I thought it was inspiring.
• 5 Also from Elizabeth: Melinda’s Spaghetti Squash with Avocado and Parmesan - This was completely inventive. People never know what to do with spaghetti squash, and this was a beautiful, fresh preparation.
• 6 Joanna's pick: Kasia’s Parmesan Polenta with Eggs & Roasted Mushrooms - I want to curl up with a bowl of this. So simple and beautiful.
• 7 Sarahrae's pick: S.T.'s Tex-Mex Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Nuggets - Food in nugget form is always the best and these have a grownup taste with a kid like appeal to them. Super fun!
• 8 Emma's pick: Hannah's Huevos Motuleños - Jazzed up beans with a fried egg on top? Yes, please.
• 9 Faith's pick: Jean's Roasted Vegetables on Creamy Polenta - This, the first of many polenta recipes in the contest, instantly inspired me with its total simplicity and wholesomeness. I tried it almost right away, with grilled vegetables, and dairy in the polenta. My husband and I licked our plates clean!
Recipes from our Quick Weeknight Meals contest
Dozens of quick meals, from pasta to polenta to vegetables!